Admin Assistant to the Fire Chief
The Administrative Division is composed of the Administrative Assistant to the Fire Chief, the Secretary to the Fire Chief, the Budget Administrator, two Administrative Clerks, and the Facility Maintenance Technician.
- Provides direct assistance to the Fire Chief in researching, planning, and organizing overall departmental operations.
- Coordinates fire department administrative activities in such areas as personnel management; financial management; purchasing; management of departmental facilities; and overseeing the preparation and maintenance of departmental records.
Secretary to the Fire Chief
- Prepares the Fire Department's operating budget. The City of Monroe prepares a full budget every two years and updates the budget in the second year of the cycle.
- Prepares Status Reports for the operating and capital budgets during the year and monitors the operating budget monthly.
- Assists the Fire Chief in accounting for the money and assets of the fire department by generating revenue and expenditure estimates and reports as well as gathering information to be used in preparing the departmental operating budget.
- Performs weekly payroll functions.
- Computes the payout for accrued vacation and sick leave when personnel retire.
- Identifies new station locations.
- Performs research and analysis projects.
- Manages the fire incident reporting system.
- Handles the capital improvement budget.
- Develops the strategic planning process, the business plan, and internal and external research projects.
- Has a very successful history in writing requests for grants and other special funds to aid in the operation of the service delivered by the department.
- Includes the construction of the Public Safety Center and relocation and new construction of Station 2 in August of 2004, updating the departments aging fleet of emergency vehicles by purchasing nine new emergency units in the February of 2004, and the new construction and relocation of Station 4 in August of 2007.
- The departments advancements have been accelerated by millions of dollars in grant funds awarded which has afforded the department with firefighter's personal protective clothing, self-contained breathing apparatus, hiring of additional firefighting personnel, vehicle exhaust extraction systems for all fire stations, and thousands of smoke alarms for the safety of the citizens served by the department.
- Assists the Fire Chief in interviewing prospective employees and making recommendations for employment as well as maintaining eligibility lists in order to assist the Fire Chief in hiring and promoting employees.
- Processes the documents for transfers, leaves of absence, and reassignments.
- Administers the department's Firefighter Recruitment Program.
- Assists in the development and administration of promotional process.
- Maintains information on the Family Medical Leave Act.
- Maintains personnel records.
- Provides write-ups for all promotions going to the Civil Service Board.
- Responsible for the management of firefighter health and safety.
- Responsible for compliance to the applicable health and safety related standards and laws.
- Investigates firefighter injuries as needed.
firstname.lastname@example.org - 318-329-2481
email@example.com - 318-329-2474
firstname.lastname@example.org - 318-812-3165
email@example.com - 318-329-2475
firstname.lastname@example.org - 318-329-2437